Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Friday, July 16, 2010

My Child Won't Eat!


"What's the right weight for my child?" is one of the most common questions parents have. It seems like a simple one, but it's not always easy to answer. People have different body types, so no single number is the right weight for everyone.

My daughter is now aged 10 and has always been slightly underweight but I am now becoming increasingly concerned as she frequently looks pale and gaunt with dark circles under her eyes. She is 124cm tall and weighs 23kg. Each meal turned into a battle and the kitchen became a war zone. I would bribe, fuss, and make threats to encourage my daughter to eat more food. All of this was to no avail. Often, she was forced to sit until she ate everything on her plate. Hours later, she could be found still sitting at the kitchen table, with not even half of her food eaten. Urrrggh!!!!!....Think think and think ..how to nurture my underweight child??

0 comments:

Post a Comment